We have been in the wholesale jewelry business for over 30 years and for the last 20 years, philanthropy has been at the heart of all that we do both personally and professionally.
After many years of incorporating our jewelry into philanthropic events and witnessing how our donations of jewelry played a significant role in increasing event revenues, we realized that if we could create a larger platform to create a hybrid relationship between the two with viability- 24/7, 365 days a year, the potential could be boundless.
As a woman's majority owned business, we decided to create an all encompassing eCommerce jewelry site, that would offer all different types of beautiful jewelry, at different price points, at the most competitive prices every day. The defining piece to create our vision of this ultimate "blended philanthropy" model, was to be able to share the unprecedented amount of 12.5% of the total gross sale with a vetted 501(c)(3) while also sharing with them, who designated the donation. Our philanthropic involvement through the years has taught us that in order for a charity to be able to cultivate relationships with donors, they have to know them, in order to be able to thank them. This in turn, ultimately allows for the donor to feel the utmost of gratification and the inspiration to want to continue to support. Allowing our jewelry shoppers to use our funds to designate to a charity that is personally meaningful to them, is the integral piece to the success of this hybrid business model.
eCommerce jewelry shopping reaches the entire spectrum of donors; current, dormant and potential. We knew if we could build our jewelry website to allow for the entire spectrum of donors to purchase jewelry like they normally would, however, now with the ability to forever associate their purchase to a cause that is near and dear to their heart- the financial outcome could be tremendous. So, we created The Jewel In Giving on a simple concept; share our funds with the everyday jewelry customer to afford them the ultimate jewelry buying experience.
We made sure to create tools that would help nonprofits navigate the ever changing landscape of philanthropy. The first tool of course is The Jewel In Giving eCommerce site which allows for the nonprofit to extend their technological reach and have a steady stream of income. The additional tools that are offered are The Jewel In Giving "Consignment Program" and the Marketing and Fundraising Materials. All of these fundraising opportunities afford nonprofits unique and productive ways to reach and exceed their fundraising goals.
The Jewel In Giving allows for jewelry shoppers and 501(c)(3) organizations to have full confidence in the following:
- We believe in full transparency, so there is a crystal clear path that can always be followed and monitored in the distribution of all of the donations.
- We adhere to and exceed all of the jewelry industry standards in using ethically sourced diamonds and gemstones and recycled metals.
- We are committed to being a socially conscious business.
- We offer the most competitive prices 24/7, 365 days a year.
- The Jewel In Giving "blended philanthropy" concept is at the core of who we are and that the entire jewelry shopping experience and all of the components for the nonprofit to partake in, have been thoughtfully and strategically designed to "Sparkle" like no other "blended philanthropy" business before!